Wednesday 12 October 2016

"Dear Sister"- An Open Letter #Creation 25


I had never thought that someday I would miss those little things so much. Those family stuff when we all used to sit together, eat together in a place which have its definition by each one of you. When we used to celebrate birthdays so warm, when I used to save my pocket money just for two causes, to bring you Rakshabandhan gifts and to buy that red remote control car. We had fights for almost everything which I had to share with you, whether its about accessing the tv remote or for that narrow space in front of that ‘bada wala mirror’, whether its for the crackers which dad used to bought to us or those devoted desires to bat first in those crucial cricket matches with you in the backyard. It all was too infantile and stupid, yet beautiful.
I had never considered it much then, but in the later times, I have realised that you were my first best friend, with whom I have spent my whole childhood and artless. I still remember the times when I was in my earliest teen age and I  used to manage a intense tough look to those loafers who used to follow you with their eyes when we used to walk together to the those street food stalls in the market and the times when you used to pamper me when I got sick and motivate me for participation in competitions and burst up my self confidence. You guided me through out, whether it was studies or whenever I tried cooking.
You were some 2 years elder to me, but I never felt the difference in ages. But now, I feel the difference. You are married now. You don’t live with us any more. You are family to other people too, who are miles apart. And I know I can’t even imagine how hard it would be for you to opt between two families, in which one would never have been an option. Whenever I make my way to home in any sort of vacations, it all feels incomplete. Mom-dad are a bit pale now, may be because we both are not with them and they are aged now. I think they have got used to of this hush. But my mind fails to adopt this change everytime when I come home. I can watch the whole football match and now no one would poke me to change the channel, but now its not that Joyous, may be just because you are not here to urge for your daily soaps. Though we had never missed a single chance to roast each other, but I really miss our togetherness, our arguments, our late night ice cream parties., our long talks in which we used to share everything, from the lies we have spoken to mum. .to our infatuations. We had good understandings. But permanency is extraneous from the dictionary of life.
Now, I wait up for the junctures, when you will be here and this house will look like a home again and this inanimateness screw out of our lives and we, the family would look complete.
@Garvit

4 comments:

Mehfil-e-Exam #Creation 47

Theek 6 mahine baad aaj phir ek baar... दरबारियों  ke kaano me khatre ki ghanti baji hai.. नजदीक  aa rhe संकट  ko dekhte hue...aaj phir ...